From Jazz brunches to lavish brunch buffets, Mahi Blog declare 18° as one of the best weekend brunches available in #UAE. It was startling & an indulgent experience itself to brunch at Worlds Furthest Leaning Man-Made Tower. Venue stars as the winner of the “Best Modern European Restaurant”, however their Friday buffet also includes cuisine from Italy, Turkey, Greece and Lebanon. Its ambiance and structure is surely manifest. It is so modern in sophistication yet so simple & family oriented, as I believe Brunch is all about the most relax and cozy time you ought to spend with family and friends catering to variety of choices and yet keeping a balance to its theme. To make that perfect menu is an art itself and a lovely presentation and set-up has indeed made our experience at 18 degree brunch Exclusive and Exciting.
Let’s TALK ABOUT Food Menu:
Arabic cold mezze, Fattoush & Muhammara dip stands out; Quinoa salad is very distinctive in cold dishes. Soup Section’s variety didn’t impress us a lot, though their cheese Counter is ample and diverse with some tasty chutneys and pickles.
Ostensibly the Modern Counters and cooking stations tells the story of Huge pantry loud out. Their Raw bar (seafood section) may appear to have a lot in common with other European style brunch buffet however Dil marinated Salmon and Local Blue Crabs are must-try items. The Roasted juicy Corn fed Chicken, Striplion Beef meat and Wood baked whole Stuffed Fish is so rich in its taste & display and was beyond par, Béarnaise sauce made of clarified butter emulsified in egg yolks was there to complement the roasted item and we love strong Herbs flavor in case you are not fan of this taste than veal jus reduction comes to rescue as it adds to the richness of the dish, grilled veggies was our favorite side along with fish Yorkshire pudding.
Keep enjoying the elegant view of Abu Dhabi city while brunching and efficient services and decorum stands on its hold merits.
- Antipasti – (Missed giving special attention to minor items !?!? often happens to big buffet) Guess what It’s definitely not the case here we loved the Grilled eggplant, zucchini, Roasted Mushrooms and deep fried Artichokes (I never tasted them so well if fried; before).
- Their Beetroot Mutabel is their tastiest and good-looking shooter you will love and enjoy.
- Kids loved their Sujuk (Sojouck – Spicy Sausage) and Margarita Pizza.
- There is fair attentive communication involved if you wish to customized any of the item from the spreaded menu counters, rest assure they will make sure to get your exact requirements and bring your dish to table exactly how you need, we loved our steak with mashed creamy potatoes and pomegranate.
- Don’t forget to ask ever-smiling staff for your Bread basket, Rye & Panini Roll were delicious with seasoned butters. Smoked paprika & Garlic give us a face-off judging moment there.
Wait – It’s Not yet Done !
A visit to the dessert counter is a decadent must as it finished off our meal really well. You have an array of items to choose from, we loved Passion Fruit and Banana Meringue, Banoffie Pie, Tiramisu, Poached Strawberry with Vanilla Cream and Hot Chocolate Pudding !
It definitely promises an elite and impressive experience where diners can enjoy a wide array of Eastern Mediterranean fare, inspiration is drawn from the restaurant’s à la carte menu, their hot dishes also presents Saffron Rice, chicken curry and Homemade Pasta in case you have fussy little humans along with you. Worth knowing that all their ingredients are sourced from the freshest local produce to not only produce sumptuous food, but commit to sustainable practices as well. If you are not in hurry for home when brunch ends you may enjoy a sundowner on The Terrace of 18° – 80 meters up, with panoramic views of City coastline, at their Sunset Cocktails while watching the ebbing sun.
Ratings: We rate this brunch 4.5 stars out of 5.
Classic Brunch – AED 250 ++ – brunch with soft beverages and juices
Sky Brunch – AED 300 ++ – brunch with hops, grapes and sparkling
Bookings are essential for the Sky Brunch and Sunset Cocktails. Please call 02 596 1440 to make a reservation, or visit www.abudhabi.capitalgate.hyatt.com for more information.
Disclaimer: Special Thanks to Ms. Fernandez, Mr. Villacanas and the staff team. Mahi Blog were guest at 18° – Hyatt Capital Gate, however it does not influence our opinion and all the views and thoughts including the pictures captured on the Brunch day are our own.